At Smidge we know privacy is important to you – it is to us too. That’s why we’re committed to maintaining your trust by protecting your privacy, keeping you informed about how we handle your personal information and keeping your personal information safe and secure. This Privacy Statement applies to both online and other interactions between Smidge and you. All personal information and data is handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act, 1988 (as amended).
1. Your consent - By using our websites, contacting us, visiting or otherwise interacting with us you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information (including sensitive information) about you in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
2. How we collect information - There are various ways you interact with us, and how we might collect personal information about you. We may collect your personal information when you;
· contact us via the web, email, phone, visit or even snail mail,
· via cookies when you access our website,
· are sent our product by someone else,
· create or update an account with us, join our club or newsletter lists,
· order, purchase or use one of our products or services,
· complete an application,
· interact with us in person or via our website.
3. What kind of information we collect - The information we collect may include:
Contact information – for example, your name, address, phone number, email or other details for purposes such as providing our product or services, communicating with you or providing delivery tracking. (This is only collected should it be specifically provided to us.)
Information when you visit our websites – for example browser type, web pages visited, or your IP address, how long you stayed on our site which pages you looked at. (This helps us provide a website that is both functional and informative.)
Information about your use of our products and services – such as which products you use, and your preferences relating to those products.
4. Why we collect and use information – The primary reason we collect, use or share your personal information is to enable the delivery, development and improvement of our products and services and to keep you informed. We may also collect, use, or share this personal information for other purposes, such as:
· to send you delivery notifications or to contact you or reach customers like you about our other products and services, either directly, such as via email or mail, or via other channels, including social media platforms and websites,
· sometimes, you might let us know you would like to receive marketing, and sometimes we might gather from your interactions and relationship with us that you would like to hear about our other products and services. You can always opt out of marketing by following the instructions on the message, email or letter you receive or by reaching out to us at (/Contact-Us),
· to undertake a commercial credit check as outlined in our Commercial Credit Application, completed by you should you apply for a business credit account,
· to process your request or order for our products or services,
· to better understand your personal preferences when you use our products, services, and website, and to adapt your experience to best suit you,
· to identify and better interact with your device using cookies or other similar technologies.
· comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this where:
· you have consented,
· the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and it may be reasonably expected of us to use or disclose the information in such a way,
· we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
6. Access to personal information – You have a right to request access to your personal information, the information we maintain is accessible by contacting us at (/Contact-Us). Once we receive your request, and subject to relevant privacy laws, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time – usually within 30 days. We ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity before we share information with you. We may not be able to provide access to all your personal information. In some situations, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, where giving access to your information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, or would pose a serious threat to the life, health, or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety.
8. Security - We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment and protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While we maintain quality internet security we cannot guarantee online security and accept no responsibility for the conduct of third parties or for failure of any security measures.
10. Correction of personal information - You may request the correction of your personal information by contacting us at (/Contact-Us).
11. Storing of personal information overseas - Due to cloud storage and overseas data bases and other electronic storage systems, we cannot guarantee that personal information shall not be stored overseas and therefore may become available under that country’s laws and regulations and whilst we maintain quality internet security we cannot guarantee online security.